Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Carline and Other Traffic Idiocracies

I long for the day when I can get in my car, input an address and have my car drive me there.  It could happen, right?  I have serious road rage.  Not so bad that I would get out and hurt someone.  I'm not THAT crazy.   I just have a very low tolerance for bad drivers and what I call "entitlement" drivers.  

My idea of an entitlement driver......
Out Highway 52 past Lowe's just before you get to Trawick Road is what used to be Geraldine's Restaurant.  Coming FROM Trawick, sitting at the light with the Texaco on your right, I see people cut across Geraldine's every single day.  I've seen several near miss head on collisions because of this too.  Since Geraldine's closed and the business was repainted, a wire going across both driveways was erected with a couple of 4x4's in the ground.  That didn't last long.  I sure would like to see the vehicle that busted through that.  I just want a police officer to sit in the Shoe & Leather parking lot between 7:15am - 8:00am and see how many times this happens. 

Another example of an entitlement driver is in car line.  I shouldn't even get STARTED talking about car line, but since this post is regarding my road rage, Ill go ahead. :)  At our school, there are two directions you can come from.  Allllllll the normal people get in line and wait like we're supposed to.  Some choose to get there an hour and a half early, some an hour or some just 15 minutes before the bell.  Either way, we get in line and we wait.  Once the line starts, you take turns going from the two directions.

There are a few people that come from a different direction that try to bee-bop into the car line.  Well, I ain't lettin them in.  They can FUGGETABOUTIT.  It ain't happening and I guarantee if they try it in front of many people, they won't let them in either.  I'm not even talking about patiently waiting for someone to let them in.  I'm talking about them getting their bumper in there a little at a time to squeeze others out.  There are supposed to be cones at the corner so people can't come in from that way but the school doesn't put them out anymore.


Then you have people that like to take chances with their lives and vehicles.  They play Frogger in real life.  In the below picture, I was at the red light on Westgate & Main in front of Walgreens.  You know the place, traffic nightmare.  The tan vehicle was trying to cut across traffic that was stopped for a red light.  A car headed for the turn lane slammed into it because it pulled out in front.  Well.....DUH.  I can go ahead and tell you, if you see me stopped at a red light and you're trying to get across, I'm not letting you through.  Nor will I take the open spot someone offers me to cross.  Seriously, THINK people!  


Can we all just PLEASE learn how to correctly turn in a median?!?!?!?  Lordy!

Now Walmart-North.  Read closely.  THERE IS NOT A STOP SIGN AT THE TOP OF THE HILL COMING IN TO WALMART PARKING LOT NEXT TO BRUSTERS.   STOP stopping! 

School buses and 18 wheelers.......do people not understand these vehicles are HUGE?!?  They have a wide turn radius so give them room!  And for pete's sake, don't pull out in front of them.  They can't stop as quick as a normal car!!!

So tell me, what's you're traffic pet peeve?


I literally fear the day my children get their license.  I know I can teach them the ways of the road, but having to look out for others is the problem.  I am not looking forward to that day, at all.


(Grrrr....I'm all fired up now! )

By the way, to let you all know, Im all blogged out.  I finished my story and have nothing more to tell.  I knew I should have spaced the others out so it would last longer but I just didn't.  I was on a roll and was having fun reliving the old days.  I hope something will pop up in my head or someone will give me an idea of what to write.  Until then.........




No comments:

Post a Comment