Friday, July 18, 2014

The Introduction

How many times do you change the very first sentence you write to someone?  Do you go with the first instinct or do you sit and think about the perfect thing to say to grab attention?  I've been sitting here thinking....."Ok, do people REALLY care what Im going to write? Do I care if they care? Who am I writing to and what am I writing about? Does it matter if I offend or should I speak my mind?".  You know, those kinds of things.  So with that being said, I shall start......

Who I am.  I am the mother of boy/girl twins and they are 10 years old.  I live in Alabama and I love the South.  I am a wife of 14 years to a man 8 years younger than I am.  (Yes, you would be correct in assuming there's a heck of a story there.)  I am a stay-at-home mom who has recently taken on the task of homeschooling.  I believe in God but I also continue to question more than I should. That doesn't mean I don't believe, it means I need to work on having more Faith.  Im 100 pounds overweight and that thought absolutely consumes me.  I love medium-rare steaks, salads, almost anything chocolate, gummies, vacationing with my family, a freshly cut yard and laying my head on my husband's chest at the end of the day.  He can tell you that it is hands down, my most favorite place in the whole wide world.  He's heard it for 15 years.

 And.......I just turned 40. 

Turning 40 wasn't so bad.  I've loved my birthday for as long as I can remember.  When I worked, I never worked on my birthday. As a teenager, my mom would always take me to "The Garland House" and have Chicken Salad with Fruit and Peanut Paradise Pie.  Good memories.  Good food too.  The Garland House closed several years ago, much to the disappointment of a LOT of people.

So, that should touch a little bit on the basics. Randomness to follow.....




No comments:

Post a Comment