Sunday, August 10, 2014

One Year Later......


This is another copy & paste of something I wrote back in 2008.  This was a year after her surgery.



Emilys Heart Appt in Bham...and some serious thoughts
Sept 17, 2008

I truly believe that God chose to use my daughter.  I absolutely wholeheartedly believe that.  I believe that He knew she had enough of a fight in her that she could pull through this whole surgery issue we've had to go through and accomplish the job He intended.  Look at all the good that has come out of it.
Because of her surgery, Josh and I met some amazing new people that prayed for us when they didn't even know who we were.  I just didn't get that, until now.  Because of her surgery, we now are a praying family. 
Ya know, it's sad that it takes something so detrimental to happen to someone or to some family for them to realize everything we have realized.  It shouldn't be that way and we all know it.  If anyone had asked me a year ago if I would be like this, I would have probably told them it was something I chose not to discuss with anyone and grabbed another shot of Jose.  Yeah, the parties were fun.  And yeah, I laughed until I thought I would pee in my pants (probably did a couple of times).  But NONE of that even compares to the feeling I get when my husband takes time to stop the car on our way to Bham, grab my hand and pray for our little girl's doctor's appt with the most sincere and loving voice I've ever heard come out of him.  Or, on the night before my surgery, hearing him pray to God that the doctors take care of his wife and that everything has a good outcome.  A voluntary vocal prayer coming from someone who wouldn't have thought about it 6 months ago.
I do have some amazing friends.  People that I've hurt in the past that have found it in their hearts to forgive me, (a God thing), people that maintain a bond no matter the distance because of the strength of trust and love in the friendship (a God thing), people that have proven time and time again without fail that they are in it for the long haul and there's no substitute (a God thing)....and that's just skimming the surface.  I have finally been able to surround myself with people that I KNOW I can count on.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, I gotta stop and go to bed!  Im so sleepy from the trip!
Ok, emmy's appt.  The ridge is not back.  Her surgery was a success.  There is a 1 in 10 chance it could come back so we are keeping track of it.  (REMEMBER THIS PART FOR A LATER BLOG) We have to go back in 1.5 years.  She will eventually have to have the valve replacement surgery but that's way later on.
If you took time to read through all of this, then I thank you for doing so.
Goodnight and I love you.....

_________________________________________________________________________________

The kids were turning 5 soon and it was time to plan our annual vacation!!!
~Allyson~

No comments:

Post a Comment