Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Repost from 2008

Don't know where this rant came from but for some reason, I saved it from MySpace!!  
Man, I wish I still had this confidence!


I've come to realize that no matter how nice you try to be, how straight you try to play it or even if you just sit there like a knot on a log....there's always going to be people that feel the need to steal the sunshine, rain on your parade, stab you in the back......the list goes on....and you never....even....know.
  I'm guilty, I'll admit it.  I've voiced my opinion about other people's lives to people and for the life of me, I can't tell you why.  Why I judge.....why I try to fix, why.....  Why Do I Care?
Some nights when I'm sitting here, going through my list of friends, people I work with, people I know and I'm praying for them....I hope for so many things.  Many of which, in reality, will never happen.  But, I can hope, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.  Miracles have happened, miracles will happen.
In the end, it doesn't really matter anyway.  I know who I am, who I love, what I stand for and where I'm going.  I know who truly loves me, the people that don't judge me and the ones who fit into my comfy category.  I have a best friend that has seen me at my best, my worst and everything in between and she's hung in there with me for nearly 30 years.  I have a husband who also has seen my best, definitely seen my worst and again....has hung in there with me for almost 10 years, always willing to make us stronger.  I have a few new friends that are inspirations and have helped me through this transition.  Above everything, I have a place in heaven waiting for me when my time here is done and THAT I know for sure.
So, the answer? Tell myself to get over it.  People will talk. Lost people will remain lost until they want to be found because you can't MAKE anyone do anything.  Happy people should be praised, not looked down on.  Nit-picking stupid crap is just that, stupid.  Thicken up the skin, soften up the heart, become more forgiving but not to be run over.  Do whats right, not what people want you to.  I can do those things, no problem.  Because my core is solid, I know it and I've resolved to not worry about d.r.a.m.a. and to do my absolute best to respect others even if they choose not to do the same to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment